So many ladies compliment my own eyeshadow (thank you) but don't realise 1. the no of colours I'm actually using and 2. the time it takes. If I were to wear no other makeup on my face, I would definitely stick with eyeshadows (mascara first then eyeshadow if I'm totally honest). It can do AMAZING things to your eyes and make them look bigger, sexier, sultrier, livelier younger...you name it. But I think the reason ladies really don't go for it is purely out of fear.
"What colours suit me?" is a question I often get asked. Well the answer is pretty much "any, as long as you apply them correctly." Also, don't waste your time and money buying cheap eyeshadows as the pigment is so poor, you'll use more anyway and most of it will crease and also end up all over your face... My top 5 hints for eyeshadow are:
1. use a primer - I love ~Urban Decay. And if you don't, at least use foundation on your lids. It's the greasiest part of your face after all.
2. apply light to the inner corner of your eye and dark towards the outer corner (don't want to give too many of my secrets away here)
3. DO apply it under the lashes on the bottom lid for a more dramatic look.
4. Buy quality - you don't have to spend a fortune but I recommend MAC or invest in Urban Decay's NAKED 1 or 2 palette - you will get your money's worth out of it. It's not a best seller for nothing.
5. Spend at least 15 mins on your eyes and less product is more - you can always add. (that's actually two hints but hey).
Go for it! x